Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lift her, pull her

Work sucks.
My good friend (really only one of maybe 2 people here that I'd actually consider a "friend" and not just a "co-worker") got the axe yesterday. She knew it was coming and wasn't too upset so that's a silver lining. She also had sent out a bunch of applications this weekend and has an interview today having something more to do with what she would like to make her life's work.
So it's good for her but I can't help but be a little upset.

The lack of people that I can stand to have a conversation with is dwindling and plummeting really quick.
I have my friend Ang who cracks my shit up and is probably one of my favorite people in life, not just work. So, there's still her. Also, there this new youngster that seems to have taken a liking to me. Some say it's a crush but whatever. She's nice enough and beside the age gap between the two of us the idea of being engaged in conversation with her does not terrify me, so that's good enough.

Speaking of the workplace I've been notified I will undergo a bit of a transfer. From the back end handling claims and closing them out to the front end. I'll now be taking calls for people reporting the claims. This is (I'm told [it kinda makes sense]) is a move up because I now effect more of the company's bottom line. More claims being handled = more money being charged to the company we are handling them for. Yay! I'll see none of this money so it will continue to be the same grind and same practice of killing the day by surfing the internet.

On the not related to work front I am going to be getting my laptop computer back. It will be less a BUNCH of music I had on there as a new hard drive had to be installed. Bummer. Oh well. I now can get back to writing in the way I feel most comfortable. Not actually writing but typing my thoughts out. I think it's the blinking cursor that urges me to scour the vast emptiness between my ears for some thought/feeling/emotion/problem/solution to move a story along. So that's good.

In my attempt to feed my brain to make sure it's output remains a one of a certain caliber. I'm shooting for something above hot garbage. Anyway I've finished "Remains of the Day" by Ishiguro and have now started on Thomas Pynchon's "The Crying of Lot 49" and it's really sucking me in too. The way Pynchon crafts this whole world filled with supremely original characters is just mind blowing to me. I have read the book before but am giving it another go because I think previously I just read it because it was all the rage. Some Lifter Puller loving indie chick I think recommended it. So the reading may have got me laid but I didn't understand and just used it as a tool to discuss after everyone got high and before I got into her pants.

I'm kinda taking my time with and even consulting a reader's guide or two to patch up anything holes or questions I have while reading. It's great. Highly recommend it.

Anyway, I gotta go to lunch now.
Now that I mentioned them you should probably listen to Lifter Puller. I celebrate their entire catalog.

14 comments:

  1. 心中醒,口中說,紙上作,不從身上習過,皆無用也。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 人生有如洶湧的波濤,如果沒有岩石的阻擋,怎能激起美麗的浪花?............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 傻氣的人喜歡給心 雖然每次都被笑了卻得到了別人的心..................................................................

    ReplyDelete