Monday, July 19, 2010

I got hit in the head by a firecracker this weekend... But enough about the BBQ

How are you all?
This is news nowadays, I guess... As funny as it is I would never think that a news article would have the "journalist" trolling 4chan for research. Heh.

How was your weekend? Good.
Mine was interesting. My girlfriend and I went to the Museum of Science and Industry and that was cool. Kinda got a bit boring at times but for the most part it was enjoyable. We then went to see Brad Paisley in concert. I noticed in the gathering crowds quite a few confederate flags and the such. Hey, ignorant hillbillies will be ignorant, right? Nothing you can do about that... What did make me laugh was what happened after this...

8:15pm.
Darius Rucker (former lead singer of famous alterna-pop band Hootie and the Blowfish) who has recapitulated himself in to a country singer of sorts takes the stage to a frenzy of applause and devil horns. I then notice that Darius is wearing a Run DMC t-shirt. Do we see the irony here of these idiotic hillbillies being lead in song by a black country artist wearing a Run DMC t-shirt? Oh man! I loved it.
He then covered a Hank Williams Jr song, "Family Tradition."
He also played three Hootie songs - "Let Her Cry" "I Only Wanna Be With You" and "Hold My Hand" so I was familiar with some of the stuff...

I gotta go. A Monday back after a Friday off is crazy busy!
In closing I must say that I'm nervous about the movie adaption of "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's going to be out in October of 2010, I think... It's starring Kiera Knightley and another Academy Award nominated chick... It looks pretty lame. I suggest you all read the book before every one's telling you how amazing the movie is.

Peace,
Jim

1 comment:

  1. holy crap. I knew Darius Rucker look familiar i just couldn't place him. He is Hootie! I should have known. lol

    ReplyDelete