Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hostels & Brothels

Well well well.
It's my Friday. No work tomorrow. Going to the Museum of Science and Industry and then to that show I mentioned yesterday. I just got out of the bathroom out of the office and it smelled like burnt hair in there. What the fuck?

In news Mel Gibson if is fucking crazy, right?

Amy Winehouse is talking about her new album. Wouldn't it be something if she reclaimed her spot she abandoned when she decided to start doing heroin. That'd be something - don't call it a comeback.

I'm really at a loss here. I'm surfing yahoo.com news and the world's going down a fucking that's for damn sure. I mean the fact that this Mel Gibson thing is making such a splash shows how bad things are. I realize that I sound like an old decrepit shit head when I talk about how the state of today's entertainment is some kinda dirty voyeurism but man, I can't help but feel that way.

In other news my computer's broken and it's driving me mad. Heh. Honestly it's just because my writing has really suffered. I would think that actually having the pen to the paper and scribbling away ideas would be good for me. A type of exercise in the craft of writing... Ya know, actually writing. Nope. I think it's because since high school I really haven't, on a steady basis, actually taken pen to paper. I work behind at a desk behind a computer screen typing words out like the robot I am. To escape that I open a little browser window in the bottom corner of my screen to type these words here. I think something snaps in the process of moving my head with a pen in it to communicate thoughts/feelings/ideas/emotions. Oh well.

I was talking to a girl I work with today who's 21. Made me feel like a real geezer. Do people still say that? I mean this girl was telling me about getting hammered after work. I mentioned it's my Friday so I'll be really getting at it and wished I had someone to hit the bars with me (the girlfriend is working til close) and she was discussing how she has to drink at home because all her friends are not 21. Could you fucking imagine? Jesus.
Again, I'm sounding like a crotchety old fart.

I'm currently reading "The Remains of the Day" by Kazuo Ishiguro and I think I'm going to find a way to sneak a couple pages in while at my desk.
I gotta keep feeding this brain of mine if I want it to have any substantial output. The story I'm currently trying to craft is a coming of age tale (which Remains really isn't) so I'm looking for good coming of age fiction to kinda get the gears turning.
Feel free to advise of your favorite coming of age tale that isn't Catcher in the Rye to help me out.
Be good out there and enjoy your weekend. I'll be shotgunning Bud Lights at a BBQ with The Ghost. Haven't seen that kid in ages so I'm sure it'll be a real love fest.
I have to assume also that maybe connecting with the person that I came of age with might be good to kind of inspire me to rattle off a couple pages at a pace quicker than I am right now.

Ugh.

Enjoy the weekend.
Later fools!

1 comment: