Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Jameson it means that I'm still alive...

I'm hung over today, blog.
Not the usual alcohol/liquor induced hangover as the title would suggest. Nope that's just a line from a great song. I'm hung over from some of the finest meats served by gauchos at a place that has a wine aerialist that gets you wine from their cellar. I'm talking about the one and only Texas de Brazil. I'm experiencing a meat hangover (heyooooooooo!). Honestly it was amazing and totally worth every cent I spent. It was a bit pricey.
Here's some of what I ingested (all meat medium rare):
Fillet Mignon
Fillet wrapped in Bacon
Garlic Fillet
Flank Steak
Chicken breast wrapped in bacon
Parmesan chicken
Beef short rib
Lambchop
Lobster bisque
Fresh tomato with fresh mozzarella and smoked provolone
Seared tuna
Cajun shrimp

It is currently raining outside which is a problem for me... You see I would LOVE to go for a run today and start to try counteracting meatageddon but I ain't running in no downpour.

Before going into an absolute meat coma last night I decided to open up the composition book and scribble down some words. Got a couple pages and what I think would constitute a chapter... What the fuck do I know though, right?
Are dream sequences cool? Is it a good way to start a story?
I do not know the answer to either of those questions but nonetheless have started my story thinking the answer is yes. I am hoping I will still answer these questions with a yes when I'm deeper into this thing a bit...
I've been reading a lot of short fiction lately (thanks to the New Yorker's 20 Under 40 stories) and am wondering if I should write short stories (I've heard it called flash fiction... Oooooooh Cool!) and have also been reading "The Tin Drum" by Gunter Grass (which clocks in at 550+ pages) thinking I probably could not complete a novel.
Is it too early to ask these questions? I'm sure it is.
Is it way to early to be checking out LitPark and Word Hustler on thenervousbreakdown.com? Of course! I mean these blogs are for writers who have written something of substance and have a manuscript they're looking to shop around. They talk about agents and publishers. Heh. Wanna pump the brakes a bit Jim?

Really, I walk the halls of my workplace every day and loathe it whole-heartedly. So the writing gets me uber stoked right now. Even if it goes absolutely nowhere at this time it's working to soothe the urges to burn down an insurance office in the suburbs of Chicago.
This is good. This is progress.

I gotta pretend to work for the final hour of my day.
Be kind out there but not too kind.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment