Friday, June 18, 2010

Wishing for windows to throw you from

I'm at work and it's raining like crazy.
I find it highly irritating the amount of panic and general rowdiness this creates.
Whether it's the dude that is walking from his desk proclaiming that he does not want to be sitting by the windows or the woman who's in a shit mood now because she left her east facing bedroom window opened. Every thunder clap is like a rallying cry for douchebagerry. Unreal. I mean it's not like it's THAT serious!

In other news it's Friday and I couldn't be more excited.
Rain or shine I don't have to be back in this place until Monday. I'm really tiring of it, honestly. It pays the bills though. I think I'm going to be piecing my resume together soon.

Since I've posted a real entry here a lot has gone down. Let's see...

I've used my passport for the first time.
That was awesome. Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic with the girlfriend. It was amazing. We left at 5:00am from O'Hare which means we had to be at the airport no later than 4:00am. With my girlfriend working at a bar until midnight that night and then packing this means that we did not sleep prior to our first day on vacation. We were somewhere above FL when we had both been awake for 24 hours.
It was a good vacation though. It was a real vacation. No excursions. We stayed on the resort and generally just ate and drank and slept. Tanned up a bit. I'm still peeling from every delicious ray of sun.

My computer has bit it.
Fucked. I was downloading some music (to be specific it was Ben Nichols' "Last Pale Light in the West" [which is a concept album based on Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian or the Evening Redness in the West"]) and playing an emulated version of Final Fantasy I for GameBoy Advance when the computer froze up. I turned it off manually and turned it back on to the normal VAIO start up screen. Shortly there after it made a pretty odd nose and then I got a screen that says "No operating system found." I've seen nothing but this screen since. I am to assume it's the hard drive.
Pissed.

I've read.
Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian or the Evening Redness in the West" was pretty good. Haruki Murakami's "Norwegian Wood" was pretty amazing but didn't really stand up to all his other work I'm familiar with. The New Yorker's "20 Under 40" issue has some pretty great writers all under 40 years of age. I'm currently reading "The Tin Drum" by Gunter Grass as I mentioned briefly last night. It's amazing. This Oskar Matzerath guy is pretty crazy. Heh.

I got another ticket.
I did not realize that the red light cameras take pictures of you when you turn on red during the hours when it is not permitted. Sneaky bastards...

I've had an anniversary.
My girlfriend and I realized at dinner last night that our one year anniversary passed while we were looking the other way. At least it was both of us so no one got pissed or started an argument. Some suggest this shows that we are perfect for each other. Who knows...

I've made more vacation plans.
September 21-24. Las Vegas, NV. "The Ghost" is having a bachelor party that lasts four days and consists of us getting hammered and gambling in Vegas. Solid.

I think that's all of note. I mean more has happened but not really worth typing out here. Not that any of that shit above me is.

I've started writing also. I think I might start documenting my progress with that. It might be fun for all my fans to have a look at when my writing started after I have published my first novel and it beats whatever John Grisham book is released at that time for the #1 spot on the NY Times Bestseller list. It'll be fun.

Peace out, y'all.
Jim

1 comment:

  1. Nice ALK3 reference man, that's a sweet album.

    I like your blog, it good to read the blog of other 'socks', usually the writers have good taste! keep it up man.

    ReplyDelete