Monday, May 24, 2010

If it weren't for you meddling kids I would have gotten away with it.

Back to my roots. Back to where this all began. The Dusty Floor Genesis.
I'm at my sister's house. Watching the kids. It started last night and will continue through Wednesday. 7pm-7am. Sis is working overnight at the hospital scanning fat chicks' bellies to tell them what flavor of kid they are having. My bro-in-law is on a fishing trip.
Do you know how hard it is to get 3 kids to sleep when BOTH parents are nowhere to be found?
No. You don't. Unless your my sister. The rest of you have no idea!

It's cool though. It wasn't really challenging at all today but that may be due to the fact that they didn't sleep so well last night and then had to wake up for school this morning and go through all that.

When I got here today they my niece was watching Scooby-Doo. While watching a question popped into my head.
Why have a laugh track on Scooby-Doo? It's a cartoon!!! Am I supposed to believe that the show was drawn in front of a studio audience? Unreal.

Food Network is on in the background and Alton Brown is on. That dude is a huge nerd and I'm not sure how he got a show. He preaches at you about pickles and their history and quickly runs through how to make a curry for the last 1/4 of the show. I don't get his appeal.

I'm still writing. I'm writing and reading when I get stuck and then writing when I have something else rolling through my head. I feel that this is a good idea though, no? I mean it's comparable to your stomach, the mind is.
If you eat ice cream and raw bacon all day long well you're going to feel pretty shitty. You'll be living like a rock star (if you're doing heroin whilst eating the ice cream/raw bacon) but you'll feel shitty. Same thing, I think, with the brain. You're not going to produce anything worth even reading back to your pet ferret unless you're stimulating your brain to begin with. Thus, the novel reading marathon I've been on.
I'm currently reading "Norwegian Wood" by Haruki Murakami. I was going to read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" but my room mate took an interest in the book and, well, I haven't seen that kid read a book since grade 6 so I didn't want to stop the possible gourmet meal his brain may be feasting on.

In other news the Chicago Blackhawks are going to the Stanley Cup Finals which is pretty huge.
I start a writing class that is somewhat a workshop. This starts Wednesday June 9th. I will be in the Dominican Republic from June 3rd until June 8th. Busy busy busy.
I'm looking forward to it.
It's over $400 for this class so I'm really testing the waters as to whether or not I'm going to actually do something with this writing. I'm nervous like a kid on his first day of school yet am very excited! It'll be fun, I hope.
Or it will crush my dream and ambitions.
Wish me luck.
PEACE OUT
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment