Thursday, May 20, 2010

Captain of wha?????

The upcoming Captain America filmed was shot entirely outside the United States of America. That tickles me a bit...

I'm at work.
I was late today by an hour.
Hungover. Not a headache so much but a wicked case of the beer shits.
I went to The Lawrence Arms and Dead To Me show at Subterranean last night. It was great. I screamed every word like a madman and got piss drunk. I lost all control of my mouth and my bodily functions as well. Great.
The girl and I went to Big Star after the show and I remember being disgusted by their tiny portions. What is that place a fucking tapas bar? Unbelievable.
I was wicked hammered but a great time was had. The show was aces, for sure.

I am now waiting to get the fuck out of dodge and get home. I have a few things to do before I really just kind of pass out due to the exhaustion from last night.
One of the things I'm going to do is go to the book store. I need to pick up a couple books to continue my marathon of novels.
As I said before I'm writing now. Writing, not music (as I have discussed here before) but a story. I'm looking in to taking a creative writing workshop (Fiction I) and that should be fun. Really I'm just kinda throwing some shit at the wall to see if anything sticks.

Being a novelist seems like it'd be a sweet gig, right? Crank out a novel. Sit back and reflect on your success. Start scribbling shit down that will become your next novel that will be published in 4 years. Beats this fucking cubicle I'm sitting in right now, that's for sure. Honestly, I'm going to take this class to really work on my writing in general. I probably won't write the next great American novel but certain things can come from writing that don't have to be writing published fiction, right? I like writing so I figure even if this is just a small step toward bettering myself as a writer it is a good thing.

We shall see.
For now I have to replace Haruki Murakami's "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles" (never lend a casual hook up DVDs, books, well really anything you don't want to be lost forever in the abyss that is seeing someone with all the lights on when you're sober).
I think I'm going to purchase Cormac McCarthy - "The Road" and maybe something else that catches my eye whilst browsing.

I'm out. Gotta go come down from this high the show has left me with.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment