Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A 6 month re-occurring dream

I'm writing.
Just writing without knowing what the fuck it's all about or where it's going.
Not here, no. Other places.

Feels good to get back to this space a little bit, though.
Works been crazy therefore I haven't written in this space.
I'm clearing my mind and staying sane by reading. Feels good.
I read Zadie Smith's "White Teeth" which was pretty solid.
Also read Kazuo Ishirugo's "Never Let Me Go" and that was also very good.
They're both Brits and I hadn't known that bfeore hand.
I read every characters lines in a British accent.
I'm now on "White Noise" by Don DeLillo and we all know that thing is pretty solid.

My girlfriend came home at 6:30am this morning puking all over the place. I hope she's alright but also am very nervous about her being well enough to get her ass up and go with me to see The Lawrence Arms at Subterranean tonight.
Nerves are contracting and contorting. I am sweating a bit as I type this.
Her phone is busted and I have no form of contact. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I'm going to be pissed if I have to go to this show alone.
That is all.
I am writing.

Wait....
WHEW! My friend at work tells me that my girlfriend reached out to her via Facebook. She is not snoring in a pile of her own drool/vomit on the couch at my place. She awake, alive and hopefully ready to party!!!

Maybe I'll beam about the show in this space tomorrow.

1 comment: