Monday, April 12, 2010

Something I'm not.

Man...
Right now I'm drinking my 5th Bud Light and killing time before getting some free beers served to be from my girlfriend at an AMAZING bar
I went with my girlfriend to Glenn's Diner (I had a lobster roll and she had the crab cake eggs benedict) on Saturday and the weather was great. We sat outside and then took a stroll around the Ravenswood neighborhood in Chicago. It was great. She stopped in to an antique shop and got a lovely little necklace. We browsed some lovely old houses and great looking new condos... Then it all hit me. I have absolutely no idea of when and how I would ever find myself owning a home in a neighborhood that does not have crime cameras, gunshots ringing and drug dealers slanging all within a stone's throw.

Then I read bad sandwich chronicles this morning. Couple that with just having finished "Never Let Me Go" and I really feel like I've got to get my shit together.
I really gotta take a chance. I don't want to be a fucking robot sitting behind a desk all day producing some shit that will never in any way effect more than five people.

In other news I received a sushi kit in the mail. I'm going to start making my own sushi. We'll see how that goes.
I am now starting to read the novel "White Teeth" by Zadie Smith. We'll see how that goes.
I'm going to start working out and get rid of this gut. We'll see how that goes.
I'm going to stop being late to work. We'll see that goes.

I'm going to stop blogging now.
Seriously.
I'm done.
Going to chug a beer and then head over by the girl to drink some more. Soon will be drunk and any/all worries will be a mile away. Then I wake up.
Fuck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment