Thursday, April 1, 2010

Parenthood

Woah. It has been over a week since I put thoughts to a keyboard and recorded it here. Unbelievable. I've been really busy with work and am currently fighting a cold. OH! There is also that thing called Final Fantasy XIII that has commanded a lot of my attention.

It's April Fools Day. I am not really playing any jokes. My only prank was switching all the buttons on the keyboard of a dude that sits across from me. The joke was really on me because after getting all the keys off the amount of dust and dead skin under all the keys made me want to vomit. Ugh.
So what's new with you, blog? Great.

I read this article today.
You're not going to read it. Okay. I'll explain.
Seems that scholars, parents and watchdog groups think that Ronald McDonald should retire. Seems he promotes child obesity. One Raj Potal is quoted in the article saying, "Ronald McDonald may wear a big smile, but hit boots are steel-tipped."
Michele Simon with the Martin Institute says, "McDonald's is really skirting on treacherous legal ground when they target children as young as 3 years old, as Ronald the clown clearly does."
Give me a fucking break! Honestly this buck passing is such horse shit that I can't even stomach it anymore. Listen, last time I checked 3 year old children aren't going to McDonald's and forking over cash for a Happy Meal, are they? Nope. It's the parents who are driving down the street kids in tow that drive thru to pick up a artery clogger with a toy.
I understand that there's a larger issue here with the fact that some parents have to work around the clock in this shitty economy to put food on the table and with the cost and time it takes to make a good home cooked meal it's not worth for the to NOT buy something fast and cheap. I get that. I would never shit talk those parents or question what they decide to feed their children. However, I think these other high and mighty dildos should leave the clown alone.
McDonald's Corporation responded explaining that the Ronald McDonald House charities has helped over 4 million children so the clown's giving back. He paid his dues leave him alone.

It's just the passing of the buck here that pisses me off. You don't want children to be obese, fat and die then don't feed them this shit. They're not sneaking off any buying it on there own. Get them outside and off the TV. Or, and I love this one, set an example for them. I don't know how many times you see the obese kids and every one's all upset for them but the parent is a huge fat ass themselves. Well, that's because as you're eating triple whoppers four at a time you can't really tell your kids to eat their veggies, can you? Nope.

Again, the passing of the buck upsets me.
In other news I do not plan on being one of those parents constantly shoving fast food down my kids throat... Oh no. I mean, I'm nervous sure but I think I'll be a great dad!!!
Be safe out there.
Jimmy

1 comment: