Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Get it up. Get it up.

Hello blog. I must tell you it is with a heavy heart that I am sending words out in to the darkest corners of the internet today.
Taco Bell founder Glen W Bell Jr. died at age 86. I am in mourning. It is a sad day. This man is an amazing person. Okay, I'll shoot you straight. I did not know who he was before last night. I find it pretty awesome that his lovely chain of hybrid mexican/unkown cuisine is his namesake. That is awesome. Little fact for ya: Glen Bell sold Taco Bell to PepsiCo for $125 million dollars in 1978. Conan ain't got nothing on the taco man. Honestly, that's quite a sum, innit? For what? Giving people the shits since 1962? Heh. I'm typing this from my desk at work and it is currently 1:03pm. I am going to honor him today by devouring some of his lovely cuisine. This post probably won't be finished before lunch but I will revisit with what I ate for a lovely little reflection.

Ed. note: I ended up only getting a chicken burrito, chicken soft taco, crunchy taco and double beef burrito. Fat bastard!

In other news there is this lovely little basketball league that is looking to launch this summer in Atlanta. They are The All-American Basketball League. There's conditions to join one of these 12 teams in this league. You must be American born and be born to parents of Caucasian descent. Don "Moose" Lewis is the dickhead behind this move. Lewis said on bet.com that the league is not motivated by hate.
He is quoted: "I don’t hate anyone of color. But people of white American-born citizens [sic] are in the minority now. Here’s a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."
I must say I hope that this ridiculousness does not come near getting off the ground. I mean in this day in age. Are you kidding me? He adds that people should want to go to a game in which they don't have to worry about getting punched in the face or watching a player grab their crotch.
Listen, I don't think this warrants anymore typing but let me end it by stating something. The dudes in ICP are white. They are the biggest loser, douchebag clowns (Heyo. See what I did there?) in life. Color does not make people idiots/crotch grabber/violent. Sure doesn't. That shit is universal. Ugh. I guess I just can't understand and or comprehend how some people are so fucking ignorant.

I gotta tell you blog. I kind of pains me to be honest but I have had a song stuck in my head for a couple days now. "Pants on the Ground." Yep. It's true. Have you seen it? Of course you have, blog. I mean, I was showing my girlfriend the clip on youtube and it's up to like 2.5 million views. First, I have to admit that I kind of love American Idol. It's quite sickening at times but man I love it. It's no Jersey Shore but it's good. Second, I think I like the version of Jimmy Fallon doing it as Niel Young even better. That's absolutely hilarious and spot on.

Hmmmm. What else? Oh, that dude that was just elected as the new senator of Massachusetts is a pimp. Seriously though, I understand it's a huge deal that he's taking over for Kennedy and every one's questioning the effects this has but he's seriously A PIMP!!!! In his excitement of making his acceptance speech and thanking his family he makes mention that his girls are available. I laughed! Unbelievable. The wife and daughters were mortified, naturally. They are lovely young ladies and I'm sure there was going to be creepy dudes holding newspaper clippings, a teddy bear with the stuffing plucked out, horse hair, a bottle of Vaseline and magenta lipstick whacking off while looking in their windows soon enough but man, daddy really sped up that process.

I got nothing else really.
I'm supposed to be talking to my job today about getting Monday and Tuesday off to spend it in Wisconsin with the girl and her fam. We are revisiting some medical things that we had attended to in a previous trip. Again, I'm told not to worry and there's no need to be there but I feel like I definitely should be there and have a mild concern that I turn in to comforting words. Well, work is not all that psyched as I don't have the time off to be running around cheeseville. We're going to get that worked out today, though. Hopefully. Tomorrow will be a rage fest if things do not go my way. Just to prepare you, blog.

Alright. I must depart. That Taco Bell is seeming like it's going to come out both ends. Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment