Thursday, December 10, 2009

My hands are free, my lungs are proud.

Hello there blog.
How we doin' today?
Oh me? Well, I'm at work. Not feeling 100% but I'm at work anyway. I get paid tonight at midnight and am counting down the hours/minutes while I salivate.

Work sucks as usual. I mean it's automatic after time has been taken off that I'm going to walk in to a shit storm of files. That's all that needs to be said about that.

It's freezing cold outside. I mean punch you in the dick, bitter cold once you step outside. I've lived in the city as long as I can remember and I know that it's just going to get worse but that first morning of chilling cold still knocks me on my ass.

So, I have a friend who I am most likely going to be accompanying to a party on Friday. This friend recently became estranged from someone that we both know pretty well. So my friend is looking to go to this party and show the estranged party how well things are going now, etc.
I don't get this.
I don't understand why, for whatever reason, when people go their separate ways that it is so important upon reuniting that they outdo each other with stories of awesomeness. This person is no longer a part of your life for a reason, right? It was not exactly a mutual split so I could understand wanting to show that you're doing alright but what's the best way to do that? I mean there is the possibility of looking quite desperate in the fact that you are trying just a bit too hard to show that you're living life and are happy that it reads "I'm not totally over you, a bit sad, kind of lonely and just want you to notice me, realize what you're missing and come over to rekindle things with me."
I have a feeling this will be interesting.
Here's my thinking though. You only take this approach if you actually aren't over the person totally and aren't doing alright. Thoughts?
I mean I am doing well. I have a girlfriend that I find absolutely amazing and I am in love with. There will be girls at this party that (while I haven't dated, been in a serious relationship with or anything) I've been involved with before and I will in no way be engaging in the who's happier/who's doing better contest. If it comes up I will mention I am happy in my relationship and regret that my girlfriend is working and can not be there.
That's all. I'm happy. I feel great and I have no reason to go out of my way to convey that.

I don't know. I guess I just don't understand it.
To make it even more exciting this event is taking place at a bar. There's going to be alcohol involved. I'm sure things are going to be said that are going to be immediately regretted and/or people will be boned that will be regretted in the morning after the booze wears off.
All whilst I sit back and watch. Amused? Disgusted? Well, we'll have to see about that. I may or may not have an update on Monday. Depends on whether there's anything note worthy going down. If not I'll never mention it again, like nothing happened.

Sincerely yours,
Jim

P.S. Holy shit! I almost forgot to explain the title, blog. I myself have been clean from the cigarettes for a full 2 weeks now. Not really something that was a conscious decision. I mean it's not like I was chain smoking. I would have a couple smokes here at the office when stressed.... So quite a bit, actually, heh. But I've been smoke free for a full two weeks. Pat me on the back next time you see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment